Math Equation Help Guide
What Math Equation Is
Mathematical equation is a type of equation which says two things are equal. It also has an equal sign "=" when translated in English means "this equals that." For instance x + 5 = 8 is an equation which means "x + 5" on the left is equal to "8" on the right side. An equation is different from a formula in such a way that a formula is a type of equation which shows the relationship of different variable. For example, Volume = (height)(width)(length).
How to deal with equations
Keep in mind that solving an equation is similar with solving a puzzle. The only difference is that equations involve variables and mathematical operations. When you need math equation help, here are few guidelines you should remember that will help you through the process.
- Remember the rules of basic arithmetic procedures. Don't underestimate the lessons learned when you were still in grade school. Basic operations and mathematical properties such as PEMDAS can help you a lot as you deal with more complicated Math subjects.
- Understand the problem. Unless you read the problem carefully, you will not understand what is being asked and as a result, you won't be able to devise the equation needed for the problem.
- Combine like terms. Put together all the terms whose variables and exponents are the same.
- Factor or expand when needed.
- Check your solution. Remember that equations should be equal. Substitute the numbers with variables and solve the equation to make sure you arrived with the correct answer.
Additional Study Tips
You'll only learn and understand Math if you continuously practice. As a student, read ahead of time, do your homework, answer additional exercises and supplement your learning using available sources in the library or online. Also, listen attentively and pay attention as to how your teacher arrived at the answer. You won't realize but Math will be easier for you if you do your part as a student.
Read all news
Rating: 4/5 (317 votes)